Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Word on the Street

I know SHJN and Heroes for Hire, Inc. are two separate entities, with SHJN intending to originally be a rally point for Japanese ministry, relaying cultural events and esl/hospitality resources around Houston.  Since my return to Japan I've made more of a shift to articles and stories unpacking gospel insights for the cultural and religious philosophies here. 

Now, as my ragamuffin mission becomes more focused, I figure it best not to deprive SHJN of my attention and the exciting stuff that's developing.  I want you all to be able to come along for the ride.  As much as I can, I would like to fold in some of the posts I do on the HFH Facebook page here so that they might have a more coherent and lasting footprint and reach more people.  So as not to overwhelm with too many short posts, I'll combine a few.

There for you have it.

To properly introduce HFH then:

The Mission
To rescue and redeem the broken.

To stand against all manner of injustice - such as human trafficking, bullying, suicide, infanticide, fatherlessness.
To proclaim good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. It is a divine mandate, requiring a special anointing to empower us.
At the end of the day, superheroes are good at locking away the bad guy and returning things back to status quo. But the truth is, the status quo is embedded with institutionalized and interpersonal evil and oppression. The gospel calls us to nothing less than redeeming the hearts of people

No comments:

Post a Comment