Friday, February 24, 2012

Go Texan Day!


Howdy, y'all!

Did you notice all the people wearing cowboy garb (outfits) today?  If you have kids, they were probably dressed out in all their duds at school.  That's right, it's "Go Texan Day."  Ye-haw.  (Which reminds me that I need to plan an ESL lesson on Texan English - I'll be a-fixin' ta do that pruddy soon.)

Today basically marks the beginning of what is arguably Houston's biggest and best attraction: the Rodeo.  You can ever smell the BBQ from the cook-offs as you drive by on the freeway.  It's glorious.



You can read all about the ridin' and ropin' on their website above (Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo 2012), but I just wanted to mention that tomorrow at 10AM is the downtown parade where you can watch all the trail-riding excitement go by.

I wish I had a good picture of myself all geared up with cowboy hat and boots to post for you.  Unfortunately, all I've got on hand right now are pics from last Halloween/Reformation Day:


Of course, there's always The Adventures of the Kimono Cowboy.  Which do you prefer?

Oh, wait, here's one I just got:

No comments:

Post a Comment