Monday, March 26, 2012

As if you didn't know, Japan Festival this weekend!

For all of you in the greater Houston area, don't forget to mark your calendars for this weekend: March 31st-April 1st, 11AM-5PM, is our annual Japan Festival in Hermann Park.  Admission is free.  Parking can be a challenge.  I think last year there were around 25,000 people there.  I usually just park in the neighborhood a few blocks to the north - no big deal.  As usual, I'm on volunteer duty so as a bonus you can try to spot me and say hi.  Just don't ask me why we allow steampunk cosplayers, 'cause I haven't a clue.

Our new Executive Director was interviewed about it recently:



For additional info, see: Japan Fest 

In the meantime, enjoy some pics...

Kids are too cute - at least the ones I know.
Notice the elegant juxtaposition of exotic Oriental charm and Western, ah, rotundity.



World record tameshigiri - 2009, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment