Saturday, May 12, 2012

Japanese Picnic 2012

Just thought you'd like to know about the 2012 Annual JBA/JAGH (Japanese Business Association Picnic/Japanese Association of Greater Houston) Picnic at Gordon Ranch in Richmond, TX.  It's mostly, or should I say completely, for Japanese (sorry, Americans), but if you speak fluent Japanese then I'm sure you could make a few friends or meet up with some there.

Map and info

Like it says, as always, you can e-mail Takenaka-san over at sansuikai@jbahouston.org

As a side note, I think it's worth mentioning that in my opinion Sunday morning is a poor choice of timing.  I know they like to have their softball tournaments and other events on Sunday mornings (actually this year it was on Easter Sunday... Easter Sunday!), but to me it seems disrespectful, as if to tell any Japanese or American Christians, "Oh, you meet for worship that day?  So sorry..."  I know they do that in Japan all the time, which is rather understandable with a secular-based 7-day work week, but at the same time I can't imagine foreigners hosting events on Obon or New Years or sometime when people are normally tied up.  C'mon, JBA, you can do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment